Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In Regard to Waterskins and flasks  (Read 837 times)

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
In Regard to Waterskins and flasks
« on: May 29, 2010, 05:53:49 pm »

So I have a couple questions regarding these two portable drink sources.

1: Have they become interchangeable? I set my leatherworker to produce waterskins (dwarven trade agreement said they would pay 192%) and now I have 30 no matieral flasks.

2: Is there an option in the military screen to disable the use of them?
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In Regard to Waterskins and flasks
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 06:45:26 pm »

#1 is a material bug.

As for #2, I havent been able to get my military to store food and drink anywhere except the barracks floor.  You should be able to turn off the carrying of food and drink in the military menu, but if they still cause trouble just get them dumped.  Dorfs generally avoid forbidden items. 
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 07:44:42 pm »

Isn't this what the Supplies section of the military screen for? Order them to carry no food and no water, I don't think they'd use them then.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 10:14:51 pm »

It seems to me my military fills their flasks and backpacks, and return to the fortress to drink or eat.

They will all get their down arrows for hunger/thirst when on patrol and not touch what they've brought with them.
igless

Firehound

• Bay Watcher
  • !!human!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 10:15:19 pm »

Use backpacks and flasks. Dwarves will use them, and make sure you equip your marksmen with quivers, should they actually decide to shoot things.

Ninjad.

food and drink keeps your dwarves from whining from being on patrol.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 09:39:45 am »

Tank you all.
1: I thought it was a material bug. Does the bug also cause them to not get stored?

2: Thanks, I've been poking around on the military screen for a bit and couldn't find it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 02:40:05 pm by Exiledhero99 »
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.