Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MicroVolts-Free Toy Shooter  (Read 1877 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
MicroVolts-Free Toy Shooter
« on: May 12, 2011, 11:26:26 am »

So, I've been playing MicroVolts for a while now, without telling anyone. It's a free third-person shooter, in which you play as anime-style toys. You get to wield all kinds of weapons, and you basically just run around shooting people. I'm bad at describing, but the link is here.

So, what does everyone think? It has its pros and noobs, like any other game, but you can easily kill both =3
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MicroVolts-Free Toy Shooter
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 12:52:25 pm »

After playing the Closed Beta and arguing to death that the Sea Eagle [second Sniper Rifle.] was overpowered [It kills a person in one shot if it hits them anywhere.] only to watch the devs implement another Sniper Rifle that was identical to the Sea Eagle but had twice as much zoom, I gave up.

The default Sniper [Jam] did 70 damage per hit to the body, and 100 damage on headshots. [or something like that.] I think that's great. That's how a sniper should be. I used it myself, and did fine with it, and I'm not even that good at shooters.

But no one used it. Why use it, when you can buy a sniper almost as soon as you start the game, that kills everything in one shot even if you miss the head?

Please do tell me if they've nerfed the OHKO snipers. I would certainly consider the game again if so. It was a lot of fun, when you weren't immediately stricken down from a sniper who knows where. [Hell, sometimes they'd just no-scope you at point blank, because why not? It's not like the shot has to hit your head.]

Sigh ~
Uh...... sure?[/bluff]

To be fair, you can still hit someone with the Eagle and NOT kill them, but I get far to many bodyshot kills to be healthy.

Also, they changed the numbers so anything related to health and damage was multipied by 10. No real effect, purely cosmetic.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 03:19:36 pm »

Thing is, if you're being sniped, you're doing SOMETHING wrong. Except if you were quickscoped. In which case, =/

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 03:25:27 pm »

Thing is, if you're being sniped, you're doing SOMETHING wrong.
About as helpful as "If you're dying you must have done SOMETHING wrong", the answer to which is "Playing this game." If a map has open terrain that you need to cross that is open to snipers then it's the map makers fault, not the players. Players can make it more difficult for snipers but because we are not magical mind-readers we don't know where they are aiming so all we can do is blindly jump around and hope they miss.

There is no doing wrong in hope-based gameplay.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 03:32:12 pm »

Thing is, if you're being sniped, you're doing SOMETHING wrong.
About as helpful as "If you're dying you must have done SOMETHING wrong", the answer to which is "Playing this game." If a map has open terrain that you need to cross that is open to snipers then it's the map makers fault, not the players. Players can make it more difficult for snipers but because we are not magical mind-readers we don't know where they are aiming so all we can do is blindly jump around and hope they miss.

There is no doing wrong in hope-based gameplay.
Except, the maps (CTB ones in particular) have been designed so you can get from batt to batt without crossing crosshairs of the usual sniper spots.