Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions about (Dragon)eggs  (Read 1884 times)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
Questions about (Dragon)eggs
« on: March 12, 2008, 07:24:00 pm »

I am currently modding some Dragon and Drake races for my personal fun. I want them to repoduce and a 3(Egg - Whelp -> Drageon / Drake) teir evolution for all of them. My Question is how do i mood my Eggs that they are:

1. still Creatures
2. immobile with no Atack
3. on ground

optional:
4. in litle clusters
5. defendet by the Mother

Just for info:

Some Whelps are Swarm creatures some of this with a ranged Atack and/or Flying or with none of that depending on the dragon / Drake race

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about (Dragon)eggs
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 07:42:00 pm »

you cannot give any special info to children/babies other than name and the age they grow up. they are just smaller versions of adults

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 08:17:00 pm »

:( Damn it - ok is there any creative way around that Rule? Maybe some crazy stuff with plants?

quote:
they are just smaller versions of adults

What means that exactly in terms of Damblock etc?

Toady if you ever read this thread please give me some advise or a feature for evolving creatues in one of the next versions. Thank you.

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 12:55:00 pm »

Wishful thinking: If you could have eggs plus the functionality to have a creature drop another living creature on death, you could mod in phoenixes: on death, they drop a phoenix egg and ashes.

Custom death messages? "You swing your +steel battle axe+ at the phoenix's head! It flies off in a bloody arc! The phoenix bursts into flames! Borlinkatronk, phoenix, has been reborn. You pick up the phoenix egg. You pick up the ashes."

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Jurassiced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 01:10:00 pm »

"you throw phoenix egg a the cougar the cougar explodes on inpact!"
POKHOMME http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=84 Race mod im working on.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 12:31:52 am »

It could be possible if the eggs and babies are seperate creatures.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 07:24:17 am »

Mind you, you cannot make creatures in any way though.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 07:42:31 am »

Isn't it possible for the adult to have more bodyparts than the child? If so, you could just remove the egg's arms and legs. I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly though.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 09:39:14 am »

No, I don't believe that's possible.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 01:48:09 pm »

they are just smaller versions of adults
This describes everything. And you can also make them to be BIGGER. I am not sure what it would cause though. Anyway there's no difference in ANY tokens but the name and the size (if you want) at all.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 04:11:18 pm »

I ran into the same problem with insects. However, considering the modding magic he's woven with the caste system, Toady will probably help us in this respect some time in the future.
We just have to believe in Toady's love for us all and that he will be our saviour, to allow our creativity and ideas free form in the dwarven world. *Crosses chest* Hail the programmer and the creator and the leader. Amen.

Kilumanjaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 05:56:16 pm »

I had a moment where lofty dreams came to heart with the tag [EDIBLE_LIVE] when thinking of turtles, but unfortunately no dice yet... 

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 09:37:12 pm »

Wishful thinking: If you could have eggs plus the functionality to have a creature drop another living creature on death, you could mod in phoenixes: on death, they drop a phoenix egg and ashes.

You could also have an egg "creature" with a short lifespan that dropped a dragon on death.
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Malne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 12:14:01 pm »

You could institute a caste system where drakes and dragons have reduced probabilities of being born.  You would still end up with dragons giving birth to whelps and rarely a dragon but it should work...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 01:10:29 pm »

Isn't it possible for the adult to have more bodyparts than the child? If so, you could just remove the egg's arms and legs. I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly though.

What about bodyparts that have a size of zero? Do they still show up on the creature, or would they be essentially nonexistent until they grew larger? Could you have a creature that didn't grow any limbs until the age of 6? Just throwing a possible idea out there, I haven't spent enough time with the new version to actually know if this is possible or not.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.