Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Colonization!  (Read 1818 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Re: Colonization!
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 01:22:21 pm »

The chicken and cockerel are fed through the bars of the Cage that they are held in.

A chicken pen can be built up by the New area that has been prepared for rice growing
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 01:26:01 pm »

Begin building a chicken pen, and have the rest explore more, looking specifically for something that can be woven into rope or sharp stones that could be shaped into a spearhead or hook.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 01:36:42 pm »

Teka would build a Chicken Pen but she needs Wood and String to be able to do so.

The rest go off looking for weavable items and Sharp rocks. We have managed to find two sharp rocks.

The forest seems infested with a creeper like Weed, this could probably be used as rope

It is mid afternoon
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 01:50:31 pm »

Head into the forest to get out of the afternoon sun and start trying to make some rope out of the creeper weed. If successful, tie a sharp rock on a sturdy stick to make an ax.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 02:17:55 pm »

A group of Colonizers head off into the forest to escape the heat.

They begin to weave Creeper weed, which is strong but brittle.

Krakatau hunts a small mouse while out in the Forest. He keeps it as a pet.

Nakauta has almost finished planting all her Rice.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 02:25:24 pm »

Look for a cave, or if none are found, a sheltered location to spend the night and later build some huts.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2010, 02:42:02 pm »

There are no Caves are particularly sheltered areas in the surveyable area.

Krakatau has named his Mouse N'ui

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 08:46:19 am »

Create an ax out of a sharp stone and a sturdy branch, tied with rope. Also, make a spear out of a long branch, sharp stone and rope.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 10:02:53 am »

A sharp rock is tied to a stick by Teka who also makes a spear using the same method. The spear is clumsily roped together.

It is the now the early evening. Everyone is hungry and thirsty. Nakauta has finished planting by the river.

Pages: 1 [2]