Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Flak Cannon!  (Read 5660 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: Flak Cannon!
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2010, 04:25:24 pm »

One way to get a deer onto a bridge in pieces would be to drop them onto the bridge, down a shaft, from a long way up. The deer should explode on impact leaving the bridge nicely covered.

You can automate this. Just chain up the female (and a male, somewhere) deer at the top of a tower with a pressure-plate-triggerred dropping system. now every time a deerchild is born, it wanders away from its mother, triggers the drop. falls onto your "launching pad" and is pre-gibletized for your flak-tosser. This was originally used to set up an automated butcher system (since wild dead animals are automatically butchered if they died exploded in a corpse stockpile)

By the way, this is NOT my system. I wish I was the one who came up with it.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Voligne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2010, 04:33:16 pm »

Know what you can do? Build a large wall using colored stones to create a dart board, then use the bridge to fling goblins (darts) onto the wall. Dwarven Darts for Dwarven Drunks!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2010, 05:29:50 pm »

You can automate this. Just chain up the female (and a male, somewhere) deer at the top of a tower with a pressure-plate-triggerred dropping system. now every time a deerchild is born, it wanders away from its mother, triggers the drop.
Indeed, I made one of these once, I designed my own myself and later read that it had already been done. I used to it keep hunting stocks up and avoid the depopulation problem. I didn't drop animals to their death.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 2 [3]