Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sometimes bugs are funny  (Read 2305 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Sometimes bugs are funny
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 05:32:16 am »

He didnt find iron, nor is it because of forbidding the main material. Its because of a bug with some organic materials not properly being turned into an artifact material. The game isntead pick whatever material is at the very top of the list, which happens to be iron. I once had a modded material at that top, and so I had 'frozen slime artifact' which wasnt frozen for very long at al, evaporated in a nasty yellow cloud, and made the newly legendary bonecrafter barf all over a stockpile while still being estatic.

I found that rather funny.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sometimes bugs are funny
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 11:23:01 am »

The idea that dwarves turn random materials into iron is kinda funny.  Only dwarven alchemy would try to turn materials into iron instead of gold.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.
Pages: 1 [2]