Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Armor system  (Read 611 times)

Josiwe

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Champion
    • View Profile
New Armor system
« on: May 19, 2010, 07:02:20 pm »

Hi, I read the article on armor on the wiki but found it very confusing. Can someone please explain permit and size to me? Also, this sentence made no sense:

{S} = Max one {S} per body slot (e.g. only one plate mail, and no greaves and leggings on top)

What? Greaves and leggings go on the legs, not the body.

I'm trying to determine the most effective layering of leather/chain/plate under the new system and am having trouble with it.

Ideally I'd like some leather for impact, chain shirt and leggings for the lower arms and legs, and a fully set of plate on top of that but I can't figure out if it's permitted and whether/how to tell my dwarves to strip in order to get it all on.

Thanks!

Chris

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: New Armor system
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 08:09:34 pm »

Most armors can be layered up indefinitely, however some metal ones can't. Reading the wiki page it looks like {s} = max one {s} per body slot since it is a surface layer which must be worn on top. The given example then is plate mail {s} upper body coverage, and leggings (a type {s} armor) and since leggings are a type {s} it is not possible to then stack greaves (another type {s} armor) over them. Alternatively you could armor a dwarf with platemail, greaves and no leggings giving you better armor since greaves are stronger armor than leggings.