Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Your most valuable useless artifact!  (Read 4505 times)

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your most valuable useless artifact!
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2010, 08:19:41 am »

I just got the most expensive artifact I've ever seen.

Flayedpulled, a spiked adamantine ball
This is a spiked adamantine ball. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of two-humped camel bone. This object menaces with spikes of adamantine.

Worth 4,897,200 dwarf dollars. Yes, almost 5 million!

I'm pretty sure you can use those in traps...

Don't. Adamantine is very lightweight and useless for Blunt Weapons/Traps. Adamantine is best used for slashing and cutting.

If you build the trap within a room won't that increase the rooms value/quality?

rex mortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2010, 08:37:05 am »

Just put it in a big room with lots of beds and designate separate bedrooms from each bed. You should get over 400 royal bedrooms out of it. The entire fortress housed like kings in a single 20*20 room.
Because death is peaceful and magma is lovely.

zergl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2010, 10:42:51 am »

I just got the most expensive artifact I've ever seen.

Flayedpulled, a spiked adamantine ball
This is a spiked adamantine ball. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of two-humped camel bone. This object menaces with spikes of adamantine.

Worth 4,897,200 dwarf dollars. Yes, almost 5 million!

I'm pretty sure you can use those in traps...

Don't. Adamantine is very lightweight and useless for Blunt Weapons/Traps. Adamantine is best used for slashing and cutting.

If you build the trap within a room won't that increase the rooms value/quality?

Holy crap that's hilarious. I feel small with my 1194000 dorfbucks earring now. :(
But at least it has a nice long flavour text:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Got another bunch of (raw) adamantine containing artifact stuffs in the 500k-1.2m price range and I guess I would've easily cracked 2mil if it wasn't for my lack of precious gems instead of all that garbage bling.

Fun fact aside: The always funny "Rock Bar" mood request was fulfilled by a wafer of adamantine for me at a time. And I only noticed it after making an adamantine bar to test if that will do it, but I guess it's still good for a nice throne when the king comes or so. <_<

Semi-PS: I was fully aware that the mood would spit out worthless junk and I still fed it adamantine and other stuff as expensive as possible in a controlled manner, just because (and I like it when my fortress value rises like there's no tomorrow).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 12:29:04 pm by zergl »
Pages: 1 2 [3]