Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wood Cutter refuses to cut wood (is back)  (Read 763 times)

Mr.Muck

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Wood Cutter refuses to cut wood (is back)
« on: May 17, 2010, 12:23:09 pm »

Hi there. Someone already talked about this, but he didn't bring any answer I could use ( http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=23967.0 ) After a few research, I didn't find anything that could help me. So if someone here can do so...
I have 3 dwarves in my fortress with the wood cutting skill enabled. Once, when I had only 1, I disabled this skill so he could do something else. He dropped his axe on the floor, and it was then bring into a weapon stockpile. When I asked him to cut wood again and re-enabled the skill, he didn't pick his axe up. I made another battle axe, but he still refused. When 2 other dwarves with the skill came, it was the ame reaction. I tried to re-design felling trees areas, but still they didn't cut. I forbade the axes and claimed them, still the same. So my first woodcutter who can't do anything else that cutting wood has no job. Winter is coming. Is it some kind of bug ?

(Sorry for my poor English, I'm French and not fluent yet)

backflip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wood Cutter refuses to cut wood (is back)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 12:29:46 pm »

Do you use Dwarf Therapist?  It's bugged.  With any labor that requires a tool (Wood cutting, Mining, Hunting), if you enable the labor through DT, they will not pick up the item that they require.  To work around this bug, disable the labor in DT and re-enable it manually in the game itself.  Should work.
No, its realistic.

I dont think realism is a major concern in a game about alcoholic midgets fighting dragons and soapmen.

Mr.Muck

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Wood Cutter refuses to cut wood (is back)
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 12:33:07 pm »

I do, and your trick works perfectly. Thanks a lot.
See you.