Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Battle for Wesnoth  (Read 7201 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Wesnoth
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 10:53:01 pm »

wut
for srs?

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 08:51:51 am »

hosting a game in the latest version, name "eldritch prison".
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 06:10:52 pm »

N-n-n-n-necro! Out of laziness and an urge to discuss this game, I raise it from the depths. Gambits empire builder mod is pretty sweet, anyone want to play it alongside me?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 06:17:53 pm »

wait GEB got updated? what about SX?
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 06:30:09 pm »

Not yet, apparently, but it should exist on older versions of Wesnoth still, right?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 06:32:46 pm »

Hmm.. I played this a long time ago..
I mean.. A long time ago..

But I've redownloaded it again, so yeah.. And I have a few questions.. Ohh yeah, you don't have to answer the first one.. Heh.

How the hell is it so pretty?
What's the deal with the Campaigns now?
DRAKE'S WTF OP OR WUT?
And how do you get mods to work?

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 06:58:17 pm »

Not yet, apparently, but it should exist on older versions of Wesnoth still, right?
multiplayer don't.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 07:09:36 pm »

N-n-n-n-necro! Out of laziness and an urge to discuss this game, I raise it from the depths.

Two weeks is not a necro. Two years would be though.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2010, 10:29:38 am »

DRAKE'S WTF OP OR WUT?
I always use humans, so I don't really know. Mage spam, with Horseman spam, always beats the undead. Except those damn Ghosts. I really hate the Ghosts.

Last time I checked(I doubt I have the latest version), Drakes had excellent movement, and were effective in hills and mountains, but the Dwarves and probably Orcs also do well in the hills, and are also even better in caves, which the Drakes(and most everyone else) suck at. Drakes' magic users leave plenty to be desired, but many of their units can breathe fire anyway. Their high movement also means they have good spotting, making ambush tactics your friend. And their troops are relatively stronger than most other races.

All in all, they're really powerful for players who know how to use them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2010, 10:55:30 am »

DRAKE'S WTF OP OR WUT?
I always use humans, so I don't really know. Mage spam, with Horseman spam, always beats the undead. Except those damn Ghosts. I really hate the Ghosts.

Last time I checked(I doubt I have the latest version), Drakes had excellent movement, and were effective in hills and mountains, but the Dwarves and probably Orcs also do well in the hills, and are also even better in caves, which the Drakes(and most everyone else) suck at. Drakes' magic users leave plenty to be desired, but many of their units can breathe fire anyway. Their high movement also means they have good spotting, making ambush tactics your friend. And their troops are relatively stronger than most other races.

All in all, they're really powerful for players who know how to use them.
plus they look #$@$^^%&ing amazing.
Pages: 1 [2]