Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about Migrants and our control over them...  (Read 531 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about Migrants and our control over them...
« on: May 16, 2010, 03:08:07 am »

We all know about Pop Cap and its see sawing affect on what happens with migrants, but what I want to know is there a way to stop migrants coming with Over the Top skills. I wanted to start a Peasant Village, where everyone starts out as a Peasant with a few tools and things. And within the first wave I had High Master Gem Cutters and other High Master stuff...

Kinda ruined the mood of the game. What annoyed me the most was the fact that Pop Cap didn't work. And in all technicality it was only Year 2 of the world. How did they even have enough time to reach those stats...

Is there a way to stop migrants coming with this skills? Can I make all Migrants come as Fresh Peasants???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Migrants and our control over them...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 03:47:48 pm »

The way I get around this problem is by making a world where dwarves are extinct. It doesn't help much if you want migrants but it is good for if you want to have a small peasant fort that only grows through on-site breeding.
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 04:01:26 pm »

Another (faulty) solution is to unassign those peasants from their default jobs and have them work on skills they aren't good at.
Sadly we can't control the immigrant skill levels via modding.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 08:47:46 pm »

Does Dwarf Companion work for 0.31??? Didn't that allow you to revert any Dwarf back to Zero skills...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...