Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Justice states  (Read 1271 times)

ragman le bon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Justice states
« on: May 23, 2010, 10:41:00 am »

Urist McTantrum, Recruit cancels chain animal: wrong justice state. The animal was in fact a criminal. The recruit in question, part of the captain of the guard's squad, chained and caged at least three other criminals no problem. Anyone know about these justice states?

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Justice states
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 11:14:22 am »

The animal was in fact a criminal.
BEAR (tame), YOU ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING AND ENTERING, LARCENY, FIRST DEGREE MURDER, INSIDER TRADING, STEALING BEER AND JAYWALKING.

I remember hearing that the justice state error was caused when the dwarf hauling the prisoner was targeted to be imprisoned him/herself, causing the game to freak out (because I think criminals aren't supposed to carry out justice orders), making the dwarf drop the task and spit out that error. Maybe see if another dwarf picks the animal up?
True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...

Shrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 11:17:40 am »

BEAR (tame), YOU ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING AND ENTERING, LARCENY, FIRST DEGREE MURDER, INSIDER TRADING, STEALING BEER AND JAYWALKING.
BEAR (tame):GRroOooooo (I WAS FRAMED!)

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 11:20:30 am »

Urist McHammerer: I AM, THE LAW!!!!

*Bashes Dwarf to death with his hammer*

Oh, awesome points to anyone who names their Hammerer 'Dredd'...
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

ragman le bon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 12:11:28 pm »

I remember hearing that the justice state error was caused when the dwarf hauling the prisoner was targeted to be imprisoned him/herself, causing the game to freak out (because I think criminals aren't supposed to carry out justice orders), making the dwarf drop the task and spit out that error. Maybe see if another dwarf picks the animal up?

This seems plausible as at the time I was just watching my fort crumble. Everyone was fighting. And sorry I wasn't very clear - it was a dwarf being chained but the job announcement said chain animal. A bug, I should see if it's been reported

Urist McMalaclypse

• Bay Watcher
  • Physician of Philosophy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 01:19:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
After a long time of fleeing unsuccessfully, she did what any cornered dwarf would do:  she sucker punched her own baby and then kept running.
Good god man, cats training cats? That's like how every robot apocalypse starts. But with cats.

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 02:42:11 pm »

....I can't help it. Horribly, horribly off-topic. I am a bad Ledi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=schHoXzvuPo

Curse the lack of embeddingness!
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.