Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: need help!  (Read 307 times)

Captain Fromunda

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Hey guy.
    • View Profile
need help!
« on: May 15, 2010, 10:25:30 pm »

Hey all. I apologize if there is already a thread that exists for this kind of stuff, but I need some help.

I downloaded the tileset that Captain Duck uses in his tutorial videos, which is the Dystopian Rhetoric, Guybrush 16x16, etc. This is my favorite tileset to use. My problem is there is no music playing when I run Dwarf Fortress. I downloaded the tileset prepacked in with DF from the Dwarf Fortress File Depot. I'm sure this is just some file that I probably have to move around or something, but I can't figure it out. I was also wondering how to resize DF so that it could be a bit bigger on my screen.

With my luck this is probably all already out there on the DF wiki, so if it is, kindly call me a noob and point me in that direction, but otherwise, please help! Hopefully I was clear enough in my description of what I'm trying to do. Thanks!

Captain Fromunda

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Hey guy.
    • View Profile
Re: need help!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 10:26:57 pm »

Excuse me for the double post, but I'm speaking of 40d instead of 2010. Whether that has any bearing on this or not, I have no idea. :D

Pheo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: need help!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 10:49:00 pm »

Two things come to mind.

Check the data/sound folder to see if you have the .ogg files. There should be about 10 of em.
If that seems correct...
Open init.txt (data/init/init.txt) and check the sound and volume settings.

If that still isn't the problem, it could be a issue with your sound driver or something. I am not computer savvy, so that might be a stupid idea. (just thought i would throw it out there)