Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bizarre discovery  (Read 1637 times)

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
Bizarre discovery
« on: May 16, 2010, 12:32:52 am »

This is strange - I was trying to test out some of the old theories for starting "civil wars."  One was throwing bolts from a shop into the target, so the target would now appear to be stealing since they held someone else's good.  Getting a little bored with all vs. none killing, I decided to try this out.

After a few tosses, I managed to score a nonlethal stick-in on a child.  He quickly pulled out the bolt, so I left him alone for a little bit.  I took out a few more locals and noticed that this kid wasn't moving.  I threw a few more arrows at him, even had one land exactly at his tile without scoring a hit.

Confused, I tried to tal'k' to this child, and sure enough, he was friendly.  He even described to me how I killed his mother, though all of the other options were met with the standard "Ask me when I've returned to my home!"

I tried a few more times, and managed to convert another civilian - a glassmaker, this time.  Someone else should try this and see if they get the same results.  I'm not sure if civil wars could be started this way, but it does seem possible.

Note that all stick-ins do not seem to work.  It seems that the hits need to deal minimal damage.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 12:38:02 am by Bricks »
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Lazureus

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfection is Flawed
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre discovery
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 07:38:23 am »

I was able to start civil wars in 40d by turning a civilian/mayor into a zombie, via dwarf companion.. they kill the zombie.. guard kills the killer.. spectators get angry... cheese for everyone!
Current modding project:Tyranids 2010
Past modding projects:
DF2010: Crematorium
40d: ‼TYRANIDS‼
Quote from: Dark Pegasus
Just when I thought I couldn't despise him any more... He finds a whole new and undiscovered way!!