Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No migrants  (Read 474 times)

Rallion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No migrants
« on: May 15, 2010, 06:08:05 pm »

Pretty sure this is a noob question.

I started a new fort, it's going pretty well, but three years in I've only gotten one wave of migrants (the first), and the only traders who show up are the elves. No liason. I should really be getting more migrants with the fort that I have. Nothing shows up for the dwarves in the civ screen. Are all the other dwarfs gone? Am I doomed to be limited to population growth via births? Is this a result of the world I've generated, or is it possible that I did something wrong or had some unfortunate incident occur?

DangerHelvetica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No migrants
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 07:08:15 pm »

I've had this happen. Apparently, my civilization had died out 500 years previous.

THEN WHO WAS GNOME DWARF?

Spider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No migrants
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 07:08:48 pm »

looks like either every dwarven civilization died out during worldgen or you're on an island with only elves on it. at the embark screen you can use tab to circle though different information screens. one is for civilizations. it shows you which neighbours you have that will come visiting. sometimes civs are listed with "no trade" but apparerntly that doesn't do anything in this version. it's just important that the race is listed.