Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpile Option: Local/Foreign  (Read 368 times)

Josiwe

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Champion
    • View Profile
Stockpile Option: Local/Foreign
« on: May 10, 2010, 08:01:37 pm »

It would be pretty cool to be able to consolidate "Proudly Made In Boatmurdered" material in one set of stockpiles and keep foreign goods made by elves/goblins/the mountainhome in a separate stockpile. For one thing it would be cake to keep all narrow clothing separated from dwarf-wear. For another, I personally dislike using/owning foreign goods, and while it's necessary in the early years, I'd like to be able to quarantine it all for sale when I no longer need it.

Josiwe

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpile Option: Local/Foreign
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 12:12:28 pm »

It would also allow players to easily make sealed decoration areas to convert foreign items to local created wealth.

Dakkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 03:39:21 pm »

I really like this idea as well, it gives us another stockpile option to filter our resources by. I've been wishing for a way to filter out foreign goods to separate stockpiles for a while now.

OneRaven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 04:18:49 pm »

Having a way to filter out foreign armor would also reduce the amount of micromanagement smelting goblinite currently takes, assuming you don't buy armor from the mountainhomes (I find it too expensive, as it's usually pointlessly decorated).
Messing with hardcoded stuff is playing with fire. And we all know how dwarves react to fire.