Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Travel Screen problem  (Read 934 times)

Ahp77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Travel Screen problem
« on: May 15, 2010, 12:15:24 pm »

How do you get out of The travel screen?It seems the only way I can do it is with a random encounter.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Travel Screen problem
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 12:57:39 pm »

Use the > button.

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 01:48:08 pm »

The '>' button doesn't always work on some computers. It didn't for me. You can easily change that by pressing 'ESC', then 'Key Bindings'. Scroll down to 'Adventure: Travel, Visit Site' and remap it to whatever key you want. I remapped it to '>' and it said: 'Key E2'. Oddly enough.
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Ahp77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 02:09:35 pm »

> worked. Thx

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 02:25:23 pm »

The '>' button doesn't always work on some computers. It didn't for me. You can easily change that by pressing 'ESC', then 'Key Bindings'. Scroll down to 'Adventure: Travel, Visit Site' and remap it to whatever key you want. I remapped it to '>' and it said: 'Key E2'. Oddly enough.

Why'd you remap the key to itself? And more importantly, did it start working after that? We might be dealing with a bug.

Hairywoodenleg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 02:51:29 pm »

Why'd you remap the key to itself? And more importantly, did it start working after that? We might be dealing with a bug.

I had the same thing, but I don't think it's a bug or "remapping it to itself". What is > around here is just "key E2" in american keyboards.

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 03:04:22 pm »

Not a bug, just a slight inconvenience due to keyboards with different nationalities. As Hairywoodenleg said :D (Although I don't use an American computer, it's actually Swedish ;D) I feel as if a lot of users will discover this quite often, and it could be difficult for beginners to fix. Something must be done! xD
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Hairywoodenleg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 04:35:24 am »

Although I don't use an American computer, it's actually Swedish ;D

I meant that Toady has American keyboard and we two have Norh European ones.