Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to make curses square again?  (Read 6202 times)

Xelek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to make curses square again?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 09:30:22 pm »

I think he's complaining about the way square tilesets look in general. I'm not sure why they'd have a "squish" look though, unless he means the included 16x16 curses tileset, which is squished.
Yes, I do mean the included 16x16 curses and yes it does look squished when changed to be square. As far as square tilesets go, well let's just say I grew used to the ASCII and I'm lazy so I didn't know/look up for ASCII-based square sets...

How about this?
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Tileset_repository#Lord_Nightmare

Curses is a tileset too, just not an enhanced one.
These do work with DF 2010, right? Anyways I'll probably figure it out on my own at this point after picking one that suits me. But thanks for showing my the door!  :P

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 09:32:41 pm »

I think he's complaining about the way square tilesets look in general. I'm not sure why they'd have a "squish" look though, unless he means the included 16x16 curses tileset, which is squished.
Yes, I do mean the included 16x16 curses and yes it does look squished when changed to be square.

I'm not sure what you mean. It's 16x16; it's already square. You don't have to change it to be square.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Xelek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 09:54:25 pm »

*facepalm*
Ok, I think I figured it out, what I used to do was editing the init to have a square grid, without using the curses 16x16, resulting in stretched tiles, which obviously looked horrible.

Anyways, gone are the days where I could ignore my symmetry OCD since you've shown me the non-graphic tilesets.

EDIT: I settled for Cooz' 16x16 square set, which I edited so that the horizontal line of stone doors is one pixel higher... it was really driving me nuts somehow it didn't feel symmetrical! Also edited the resolution and grid settings for higher y display. I'm happy with the results.  8)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 11:35:27 pm by Xelek »

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 12:23:35 am »

I have to admit I had no idea what you were talking about.  I thought it was hip to be square nowadays, rather than cursing to be square.  But now I understand!  But the title was funny when I had no clue what it was about.

I lol'd
Pages: 1 [2]