Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What the hell has happened here?has 99% of the world gone extinct?+instant town-  (Read 1009 times)

Urist mc.miner

• Bay Watcher
  • Exit light!Enter night!!
    • View Profile

-death]All the encounters are ether firebirds or black crows and 64% of the towns are ruins [it is a large region] so wtf has happened?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:20:21 am by Urist mc.miner »
Quote from: Footkerchief on Today at 02:46:06 am
Quote from: Grakelin on May 12, 2010, 10:01:05 pm
In Soviet Russia, environment destroys you!

Germany learned this the hard way.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
Re: What the hell has happened here?has 99% of the world gone extinct?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 02:01:30 am »

Some Megabeasts probably went on a few rampages. Either that or a massive war without a real winner.

Urist mc.miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 02:07:49 am »

There was a few bronze colossuses in the legends so chances are they slaughtered the towns. [in almost every town there was about 5 corpses]

Humanoid Cardboard Robot

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [NOT_WATERPROOF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 02:17:26 am »

Hmmm, Sounds like a modded world...

So, how big is your world? How many Titans/megabeasts? how many civilizations are there and how long did it you make it progress? This are but some of the several factors that can attribute to your situation.

Wait, there are corpses in every town? Are there a lot of survivors &/or are they all injured? Sounds like a lot (if not most) of the creatures in that world is pretty much hostile. Pretty interesting...
I modded the Dwarves beard to be able to [GRASP] stuff. Now they have shields in both hands while their beards holds an axe. I also made Humans able to grasp with their mouth, so they should also be able to multigrasp 2-handed swords while mouth wielding a shield...so yeah, they block things with their face.

I was also planning to add [GRASP] to Elf ears...but that would have been silly. Heh, can you imagine shooting a bow with their pointy ears and.....Hmm, on second thought...why not?

Urist mc.miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 02:42:10 am »

Im using deons genesis mod and yes there was survivors in the towns and they were uninjured i am using a large region not a pocket region i think the only reason why i found firebirds and black crows are because they can outrun those goddamn colossuses
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 02:52:27 am by Urist mc.miner »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 04:26:24 am »

As I said, play Large maps. And I find it necessary to tone down the number of caves, but I do not do it with my mod because someone may like caves. The more caves you have, the more ruins you have.

It's not that noticeable in vanilla DF where there're just 4 major races, so many survive. When you have 12 races though, they compete with each other AND are pwned by megabeasts... Make less caves :).

Also thanks for the observation on the firebird, its supposed to be a rare bird which lives only in good biomes. Maybe your world has too many good biomes? I will reduce their frequency.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 04:28:13 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Urist mc.miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 04:32:19 am »

I ALWAYS generate large regions [they are as large as they can get] and firebirds fire does no damage [yes it is hitting it says somthing like you have been struck by the firebirds fire and no it dosen't have you have blocked it next]Anyway nice idea about firebirds.Oh and for some reason i think i found a firebird in a haunted place and also if you want to know how many firebirds i killed i am sorry but i lost count at 54 [im not bragging i bet you the moment their breath attack is fixed they'll be killing ME]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 04:44:15 am by Urist mc.miner »

Urist mc.miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey my guy went to sleep in a town [it was filled with people] and when he woke up about 5 people were alive and items were scattered everywhere

Urist mc.miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh i found out now due to a high amount of caves a high amount of troglodytes have tried to take over the surface and have done a goddamn good job of it also in most of the ruins [with corpses]i found troglodyte corpses

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

In the new version I've released just now I've toned down firebird spawning rates significally. Please report any other unusual behaviour :). Thank you.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository