Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So . . . modding in new weapons and armor in the new version.  (Read 807 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

I can't find anything on the wiki about it.  Mostly what I'm going for is seeing if I can make weapons or ammo that do more damage when pulled out of a wound.  But there are other things I'm not quite sure of either.  For example to what extent can weapon tags be used in ammo entries, or how does weapon size relate to creature size, and how does that affect its combat stats?  Just what levels of "contact area" and "penetration size" allow for more or less damage?  To what degree does the velocity multiplier impact combat?

The wiki doesn't seem to have any info on any of this.  And it looks like I might bee busy with other things within the coming week or two, so I might have trouble testing it out.  Any one know anything?  Even just a little thing might be helpful.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: So . . . modding in new weapons and armor in the new version.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 11:30:41 am »

OK, judging by my experience, there're just a few things important about weapon.

1) Blunt or edged. Edged weapons are god damn awesome, blunt weapons are mediocre.
2) Weapon size influences the damage a lot.
3) The bigger is the contact surface/penetration, the better.
4) Velocity multiplayer seems to be a minor factor.

These 4 points sum up everything you want to know about a weapon.
Everything else is defined by the weapon's material.

how does weapon size relate to creature size
There's no connection. The weapon is a weapon, no matter if it was forged by gnomes or by giants. Its stats are similar for all weapons of the same type.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 01:53:53 pm »

So there's not much in the way of things that make weapons get stuck more easily anymore?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 02:03:12 pm »

STICK_CHANCE was removed if you're about it. I am bit sad about it, I cannot make STICK_CHANGE energy ammo anymore :(.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 02:04:28 pm »

Oh well.  Thanks anyway.  I suppose I could simulate a barbed sword by making the slash attack slightly less powerful than a normal sword and giving the stab attack more strength.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 02:06:23 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember