Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Oh the wonders of life  (Read 3091 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh the wonders of life
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2010, 08:11:00 pm »

(the only difference is life uses facial cream to stop the cracking)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 08:15:41 pm »

Life is a wonderful thing to me, although I may be biased here. Sentience is absolutely amazing too.

Besides, when was the last time you laughed while staring at dirt? It is pretty uncomplicated too, just SiO2, versus the 20 amino acids, the lipids and carbohydrates that combine in specific ways to make an automated individual.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010, 08:16:53 pm »

Ok, let me put it this way:

Life:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Non life:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

which one do you prefer?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 08:22:25 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010, 08:19:10 pm »

Do you mean realistically or insanely hopefully?

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 08:30:38 pm »

Either way, that chick is ugly.

:U

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 08:38:40 pm »

Just because we don't know everything doesn't mean that the things we do know hold no amazement for us.
Just becuase we don't know everything does not mean that everything is awesome. I have no idea how you do it. I just know Im not amazed at anything. How the hell are you?

I really can't give you any advice because I'm not sure. Not everything is awesome, a lot of things are, so enjoy life as much as you can, that's all the help I can give. Since you seem perfectly happy as you are, I don't see why I need to help at all. As long as you're enjoying being alive.
I dont need help. I dont see why you find random things wonderous that are no wonder. Why? What's so special about hearts and suns and atoms? What makes a sun more wonderous then a dog or a brick?

I don't think you quite grasp what your  saying.
What's so wonderous about life? How is it any different from dirt?

You mean chemically or metaphorically?
Both?

I hope this was of help.
I still have no idea how the woman is more of a wonder then the land.

which one do you prefer?
What makes the balloon any less complex then that woman? It requires many humans, years and years of human study, human teamwork, machines, buisiness and who knows what else to make that balloon. It only takes two humans to make another.

Your chances of going to a random planet and finding life are ridiculously higher then going to a random planet and finding something like that.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2010, 08:39:34 pm »

So you choose B.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2010, 08:41:39 pm »

It's good that you don't need my help to enjoy life.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2010, 08:48:07 pm »

It's good that you don't need my help to enjoy life.
Being awe-struck by the sun and enjoying life are two very different things.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2010, 08:52:27 pm »

Whenever I sit up for the dawn, it leaves me with a glow that lasts the entire day. I don't spend that day praising the sun, I spend it doing whatever I had planned for that day, but nevertheless, I always enjoy the dawn. It's not enjoying life, but it's a part of it.

I think perhaps wonder is too strong a word, but it's nice every now and then to simply bask in, well, life.

I really don't see your problem here. Hell, I don't know what we're arguing about. The definition of life? What makes it a good thing? How to enjoy ourselves?

This really is pointless.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2010, 08:56:14 pm »

I wouldn't waste time trying to talk sense.everyone has stated their point,and he keeps wanting to provoke some sort of pointless argument.same guy from that one thread who was trying to defend crack,if i remember correctly.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2010, 08:57:23 pm »

Oh, we all know about Cowofdoom and his arguments.

Actually, I think I'll stop here and now. I don't really know where this is going, I don't care and nothing Cow says will make me see anything in any more of a mundane way than I already do.

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2010, 03:12:31 am »

Just because we don't know everything doesn't mean that the things we do know hold no amazement for us.
Just becuase we don't know everything does not mean that everything is awesome. I have no idea how you do it. I just know Im not amazed at anything. How the hell are you?

I really can't give you any advice because I'm not sure. Not everything is awesome, a lot of things are, so enjoy life as much as you can, that's all the help I can give. Since you seem perfectly happy as you are, I don't see why I need to help at all. As long as you're enjoying being alive.
I dont need help. I dont see why you find random things wonderous that are no wonder. Why? What's so special about hearts and suns and atoms? What makes a sun more wonderous then a dog or a brick?

I don't think you quite grasp what your  saying.
What's so wonderous about life? How is it any different from dirt?

You mean chemically or metaphorically?
Both?

I hope this was of help.
I still have no idea how the woman is more of a wonder then the land.

which one do you prefer?
What makes the balloon any less complex then that woman? It requires many humans, years and years of human study, human teamwork, machines, buisiness and who knows what else to make that balloon. It only takes two humans to make another.

Your chances of going to a random planet and finding life are ridiculously higher then going to a random planet and finding something like that.
I think you have just answered your own question. "Your chances of going to a random planet and finding dirt are ridiculously higher than going to a random planet and finding life" or something like that. It is the system that is making it work, the unlikelihood of it all.
But yes, the is still up to the opinion of the viewer and interpreter.
Funny that you mentioned that it was nothing more than a more complex "1+1=2" when in fact numbers, or the numbers one and zero are insanely complicated concepts thought up by man. There is nothing such as one whole thing, as that would effectively need a standard template for what is "one", but since no two objects can be exactly the same, it is impossible. Thus there is no such thing as a number one. We thought it up as a sort of imposed standard upon ...well something.
It is wondrously complex, and fun. It is wonderful in the same way that people admire art, and its wonder. It is no more than a mathematical representation of the universes building blocks put together in an incredibly complex pattern, but wha'eva. It doesn't matter, right?
No, it doesn't. Well, I hope I have been able to inform you exactly "why" it is wonderous.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2010, 07:37:59 am »

Women are still on top of my list, cause they feel nice and make me happy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]