Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elven Caravan Animals (40d)  (Read 414 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Elven Caravan Animals (40d)
« on: June 08, 2010, 10:29:25 pm »

Greetings!

While you all explore the wondrous realms of the new version, I have restrained myself to 40d for the time being.

My issue is this:

I aim to build a great zoo, containing everything from megabeasts to cave crocodiles. I also want an above-ground critter section, but the usual suppliers (elves) don't bring anything but corpses.

I have embarked on a cold area that freezes over winter, and I know that this is related to the death-in-transit. But I hope that there is a moddable solution that can fix it without having to regenerate the world.

-FIXED_TEMP, HOMEOTHERM, and LAYERING all strike me as possible avenues, as they have to do with the creature's body temperature and their resistance to high/low temperatures.

-COMMON_DOMESTIC might lead to the creature being importable by regular dwarven and human caravans. Or not.

I'm just throwing these ideas around, and have not tried them for fear of causing terrifying errors. I'll make a testing-copy of my game soon, but if anyone knows a trick or two, or has experience in this, that would be very welcome.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"