Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prepare Carefully Ideas  (Read 476 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Prepare Carefully Ideas
« on: November 01, 2007, 01:03:00 am »

Just a few things I though would be great for the preparation screens.
1: This is just a simple one, (I think...) but could we have a [SHIFT]+[Plus] increase the amount of the selected item by five, while just [Plus] adds one? This would make ordering a bunch of Ale or logs less tedious.

2: Can we have some kind of standing, negative selection for the new item screen? what I mean is, by adding "-leather" in the search bar, all items with "leather" do not appear; and in addition, after I select an item and return to the search screen, the "-leather" is still in the bar. Come to think of it, if the search bar  did not clear when closed, that would be a treat by it's self. The whole point of this would be that it would seriously cut down on the amount of Gorilla leather socks I have to scroll through to get to my plump helmets.

3: I know that 7 is a perfect number for dwarves, but some like to have 1 dwarf fortresses, and some want 20 dwarf crews to start with. This is not a very serious question, but perhaps immigrants only start after, say 2 years, and that you have a total of 100 skill points you can assign. That seems more rational than having a dwarf cost his fair value which is probably less than that of a cow in the long term.

Anyway, Toady One, thanks for a great new version!

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prepare Carefully Ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 01:42:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by PTTG??:
2: Can we have some kind of standing, negative selection for the new item screen? what I mean is, by adding "-leather" in the search bar, all items with "leather" do not appear; and in addition, after I select an item and return to the search screen, the "-leather" is still in the bar. Come to think of it, if the search bar  did not clear when closed, that would be a treat by it's self. The whole point of this would be that it would seriously cut down on the amount of Gorilla leather socks I have to scroll through to get to my plump helmets.[/QB]

So why aren't you just typing "plump helmets" (or whatever) into the search bar?

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Griz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 05:20:00 am »

I think it'd be better to have a categorized item select screen when embarking, like the trade interface. the text search is annoying, especially with the 5000 kinds of stone and leather crap that no one ever buys.

Tracker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 01:46:00 pm »

Really, I think the crafts could be pretty much removed completely. Who brings a (Felsite Ring) with them?
here''s men underground/who have never seen the sun/but they really know how to party/they raise their wooden pints/and they yoik and sing/and they fight and they dance ''till morning

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 03:04:00 pm »

Frodo? Its gold covered by felsite!
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 03:20:00 pm »

Good ideas PTTG. Seconded!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...