Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Why are bronze calossues so strong?  (Read 3032 times)

Boingboingsplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why are bronze calossues so strong?
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2010, 12:08:07 am »

Somewhat related, but in the current world I generated had TWO bronze colossi die during world gen. From an ice demon. It must have gotten cocky since later it was killed by a different bronze colossus.

Boy I hope I don't run into any ice demons.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2010, 01:39:49 am »

Huh. Has Toady put shatter physics caused by low tempatures in? If so, that might explain the ice demon's victory.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2010, 09:15:19 pm »

Well, they are hard to kill indeed. They are like boss enemies, somewhat. It's fun to be chased by one, especially when his strikes get all glanced away, blocked by your shield. I ran 10 minutes from a colossus till I noticed that he doesn't go away. So I had to give up to starvation with my legendary alligator killer.

I wonder if you could've swum a river to escape.  I might have to try and find one just to see if I can run away afterwards! :)

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2010, 11:30:03 pm »

Huh. Has Toady put shatter physics caused by low tempatures in? If so, that might explain the ice demon's victory.
I'm now thinking of the scene in Terminator 2 where liquid nitrogen from that tanker truck froze the T-1000 allowing the (Arnold) Terminator to shatter it with a bullet and how to work that into DF. It could be a possible way to destroy liquid Forgotten Beasts and Titans. Unless they can reform after they melt...
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.
Pages: 1 2 [3]