Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Confused about barracks  (Read 415 times)

comradevik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Confused about barracks
« on: May 06, 2010, 05:05:03 pm »

I got most of the things about the military down, but I"m confused about barracks. Do I need to have as many weapon racks/armor stands/coffers/cabinets as dwarfs in a squad assigned to barracks, or just a 1 of each?

I understood that Squad EQ is for storing crossbow bolts and the IndivEQ is for armor storage.   
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 05:43:14 pm by comradevik »

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Confused about barracks
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 10:21:03 pm »

I think it depends on the size of the things that need to be stored, as containers have a size-based limit.

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 01:12:37 pm »

I want to think just one of each.  I've never seen dwarfs use the armor stands or weapon racks for anything.  They will drop their armor/weapons all over the barracks and not use the stands/racks or usually even put them back in the bin.

igless

blinking icons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 01:34:30 pm »

A looong time ago, IIRC, armor stands and weapon racks were actually used as storage, but for now they are just to designate the barracks from. Cabinets and Containers (in barracks) however seem to be intended for use, but it seems pretty buggy. I mainly achieved big piles of single prepared meals on top of containers so far that luckily don't seem to rot.
The Thresher looks sick!
The Thresher looks even more sick!
The Thresher vomits.