Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding mayor stats in raw  (Read 492 times)

CppThis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding mayor stats in raw
« on: May 07, 2010, 01:49:19 am »

I want to make the mayor a player appointed position to deal with the .31 multi-mayors issue.  It appears that all of the other appointable slots have a dependency on the mayor, and that's what is causing the problems with slots disappearing if
a mayor dies so depending it on another appointed noble seems like a really horrible idea.    Does anyone know of a good way of going about this?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Modding mayor stats in raw
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 02:07:02 am »

Have mayors appointed by lower nobles? I think Deon fixed it by letting every noble assing every noble.

Alternately you could maybe make a vice mayour to succes him (I dont know if that works in fortress mode though).

If all else fails you could have the mayor appointed by a militia commander or something else you could make at anytime.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

CppThis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding mayor stats in raw
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 02:36:19 am »

Good point, military nobles seem to have a backdoor through squad assignments.  I might play around with that.

edit: Removed mayor's [ELECTED] tag and replaced with [APPOINTED_BY] for every noble position but it doesn't seem to work right, at least for my existing fortress (and yes, I edited entity_default.txt in both main dir and generated world).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:25:25 pm by CppThis »