Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: question about [DEEP] tags  (Read 856 times)

Astarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
question about [DEEP] tags
« on: May 04, 2010, 11:05:39 am »

Does [DEEP_SPECIAL] also make that material be the one used for pillars in the magma sea?

I'm adding some custom stones and metals that I don't want traders to have access to, but I don't want to change anything related to the HFS.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: question about [DEEP] tags
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 03:00:51 pm »

Yeah, don't use the Deep tags if you don't want them showing up in the collumns. I haven't tested, but it's possible that putting [DEEP_SPECIAL] on a metal will cause it to show up as the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Astarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 07:32:22 pm »

Bah, the obvious followup question: The fact that the tags in the raw are [DEEP_SPECIAL] and [DEEP_SURFACE] respectively suggests that there may still be a plain [DEEP] tag, has anyone checked?

TKTom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 06:51:23 am »

Yeah, don't use the Deep tags if you don't want them showing up in the collumns. I haven't tested, but it's possible that putting [DEEP_SPECIAL] on a metal will cause it to show up as the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your spoiler is correct. However, only the original adamantine shows in the columns. I also believe that [DEEP_SPECIAL] stops the material being randomly generated into forgotten beasts, titans and such.

Some adamantine testing referanced here.

With regards to the original objective: How are these stones made? and Why don't you want traders to have access?

I think that if a stone isn't in a layer somewhere in the nation's territory then they won't be able to sell it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:57:18 am by TKTom »

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 11:31:51 am »

Yeah, you could have the stone/metal produced from a reaction, and not give the entity the permitted reaction to use it. I'm not sure if they'd bring a stone they could only use in a reaction, anyway, although they would certainly bring a metal. A more problematic situation might be if you have a material you want to be able to produce in fortress mode, but not have brought to you by your home civilization.
A solution might be to have a creature drop an itemcorpse of the metal you want, and melt it down. Or, you could simply leave [STONE_PREF] off your home civilization.