Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Workaround for a defect?  (Read 556 times)

jcrites

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Workaround for a defect?
« on: May 03, 2010, 10:30:37 pm »

Due to http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=439 it's not possible to create a stockpile which accepts wooden blocks.  This creates a huge problem for me, since I normally pre-process all my wood into blocks.

Are there any workarounds available?  Can I create a stockpile with more general settings which can accept binned wooden blocks?  Or am I just SOL until the bug is fixed?

How do you prevent your carpenter's workshop from filling up?

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Workaround for a defect?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 10:43:16 pm »

Designate a dump, designate the blocks to be dumped; watch 100 dwarves race forth to dump the blocks; once they're in the dump, undesignate the blocks.

jcrites

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 02:01:56 pm »

Is a garbage dump the same as a refuse stockpile?  I've set up a refuse stockpile which is mostly empty, right next to my workshop.  I've gone into the workshop item view (with "t") and designated all my blocks for dumping.  In the item view, it looks like this:

ash
highwood blocks       D
oaken blocks           D
etc ...

It's sat this way for many minutes, and dwarves aren't moving them.  Some dwarves are idle which have all hauling labors enabled.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 02:03:58 pm »

a dump is a zone that you designate with the i key.  Check it out on magmawiki.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku