Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crossbowdwarves not aiming  (Read 373 times)

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crossbowdwarves not aiming
« on: May 02, 2010, 12:19:52 am »

Just wondering if anyone else got this. I created a pit to dump goblins in to train my crossbow-using dwarves, but they won't fire at the target. I've got ammunition [wood, bone, and metal] and they've got the crossbow equipped, along with a quiver. All types of ammo are properly set for usage in combat and training but they just won't fire.

Is it because they can't path to the goblin? The pit's entrance is locked.

Edit: Also every time I station him there, when I eventually say 'forget it I'll try something else' they drop another piece of their clothing.
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
Re: Crossbowdwarves not aiming
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 12:22:34 am »

Military bugs are rampant right now. Check out the bug tracker for detailed information.

I've noticed that my own military dwarves love to leave their clothing around. Don't worry about it; you're not causing the problem.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 12:22:43 am »

Crossbowdwarves are broken in this version, but if you let them see the goblins up close (AKA melee) then they will be a little less broken.

Crossbowdwarves just won't use the ammunition, it's as simple as that.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 12:44:28 am »

Crossbowdwarves are broken in this version, but if you let them see the goblins up close (AKA melee) then they will be a little less broken.

Crossbowdwarves just won't use the ammunition, it's as simple as that.

Seriously? Ugh. All that effort. I wish the combat thing was going to be fixed before the merger.
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.