Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't trade rock mugs  (Read 1910 times)

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't trade rock mugs
« on: April 30, 2010, 03:46:26 am »

I can trade regular stonecrafts, but not mugs.  They're sitting in bins in the same stockpile holding the stonecrafts that my dwarves are eagerly moving to the depot.  But in the depot screen, even when using the search function, mugs will not show up. 

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't trade rock mugs
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 03:49:59 am »

Perhaps mugs are a forbidden export? Try switching the options at the bottom around a bit.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 03:53:05 am »

They're not individually forbidden and there are no mandates banning the export :(.

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 04:37:30 am »

Are there any mugs thrown in the same bins as any other crafts? If so, do they appear with the other contents, or are they "invisible"?
Quote from: Jackrabbit
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Quote from: Kay12
Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.
Quote from: tigrex
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.

Dave Mongoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 04:50:32 am »

I read a post on a different thread saying that mugs aren't listed under crafts anymore on the 'move to depot' screen: you might need to use the 'All' list to find the finished goods bins...

EDIT: Here's the post - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51953.msg1135631#msg1135631

Seems you need to use the search for them to be listed.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:58:43 am by Dave Mongoose »

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 08:29:23 am »

Mugs never have shown up under "Crafts" unless they happened to be in a bin with some other type of crafted item.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 12:07:39 pm »

I've tried searching under all with the "s" button in the trading screen.  Nothing comes up.  I've tested the search function with other items, so I'm familiar with the automatic wildcard search.  Everything is fine, except for mugs.  I have 4 full finished good bins: 2 with rock crafts and 2 with mugs.  In the trading screen, only two finished good bins (the stonecraft ones) show up.  They're not forbidden, they're not set to be dumped, they're on a regular finished goods stockpile, and yet it's like they don't exist at all when it comes to trading.  This is so odd!

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 03:26:45 pm »

You have to search for them. And search won't work for mugs in bins. They also won't show up in the search screen while they are being carried.

I trade mugs by using the Search for the ones not in bins, and then checking all "Finished Good" bins using "v" on each unmarked one to see if they have just mugs in them. This is made simplier as I go through my "crafts" and other objects, checking on each "Finished Good" bin that is listed under them, looking for that set of goods--- and mugs.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 04:50:06 pm »

Hmm yeah, if what you're saying is "I search for 'finished goods bins' and any bin which has even 1 mug in it doesn't even show up under the All category" then that's odd.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 05:08:36 pm »

Same issue with armor. There is no more armor category, so you have to do each type of armor piece such as for hands, legs, feet, etc.

Or you can search for "armor" and it will find all bins named "armor bin".

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 06:38:53 pm »

Aha!  Thanks everyone!  Found the bins in the trading screen.  Funny how I had to stop searching for the mugs to *find* the mugs.  Sigh.

Scribble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 08:55:25 pm »

I've periodically had problems with goods not showing up on the trade screen (for instance just one of my 12 bins of crafts appearing). I forgot to check at the time but was this due to one item in the whole bin being mandated and therefore the whole bin being suspended from trading or likely an unrelated reason?

-I really should just use mugs rather than rock crafts, but it just seems so demeaning.

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 08:06:01 am »

I've periodically had problems with goods not showing up on the trade screen (for instance just one of my 12 bins of crafts appearing). I forgot to check at the time but was this due to one item in the whole bin being mandated and therefore the whole bin being suspended from trading or likely an unrelated reason?

-I really should just use mugs rather than rock crafts, but it just seems so demeaning.
With something like that, it's almost certainly because of mandates.
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 02:18:45 pm »

Search for 'Goods' and then toss every goods bin at the depot. That's the only way to trade mugs that in bins. If outside of bins, just search for mug or goblet and they should show up.
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.