Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Project Freeze Over --SPOILERS--  (Read 5341 times)

Pickled Tink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project Freeze Over --SPOILERS--
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2010, 11:57:03 am »

I'm fairly sure demons avoid traps.

I developed a method for killing them that was hugely effective. I dug a winding tunnel away from the adamantine, then dug stairs up a floor, dug another winding tunnel there exactly over the top of the previous tunnel, then went up stairs again and a third tunnel exactly over that. Suspended over these tunnels was a plug of rock I sculpted to slot neatly down through the tunnels.

Sent in miner dwarf. miner dwarf cracks open HFS. Miner dwarf runs away through my tunnels of doom. Demons chase dwarf. Dwarf is stupid, turns to fight, and dies. 103 of the 110 demons enter the trap (The others refuse to path in), the lever is pulled, the plug is dropped, all the demons are instantly killed.

The remaining ones, unable to path into my fort, eventually return to the underworld and leave the map.

End score was 103 demons dead for 1 dwarf, and if that dwarf had run away like he was supposed to, he would have survived.

I admit, this was over engineered. In mine I only needed the first 300 tiles of tunnel on the bottom floor for this many. I had four times that in the trap. It took about 6 game months to dig with four miners.
Pages: 1 2 [3]