Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I had a dream about HFS (Sorta spoilers?)  (Read 728 times)

riznar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I had a dream about HFS (Sorta spoilers?)
« on: May 02, 2010, 11:20:53 am »

In the dream I was digging around in the caverns when I found what appeared to be someone's home constructed entirely of crystal glass and a never before seen blue glass. There were living quarters, a kitchen, etc, and toys made of glass scattered everywhere. I found a glass furnace with a bunch of half finished toys and blocks in it.

In the back of the home I found a weird shrine with giant teddy bears and rocking horses made of glass blocks, and was getting nervous. In the top floor of said shrine I saw a grave with an epitaph on it. I don't remember the exact text, but apparently a woman's baby had been killed by demons, and she went mad and created glass golems to kill the demons; she and her baby were buried here.

Then apparently I had disturbed her grave, since a bunch of Glass Colossi spawned and then wiped out my dwarves.

It took me a few moments this morning to realize that I didn't infact discover something new.

deoxys413

• Bay Watcher
  • Space. It's quiet, too quiet...
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream about HFS (Sorta spoilers?)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 11:30:20 am »

You could say they were struck down by
 8)
A smooth criminal
YEAHHHHHHH

All horrible puns aside that would actually be an interesting feature to have such Fun things as disturbed graves triggering some sort of FB-grade guardian to spawn. For example I can see a statue garden becoming much more 'lively.'
WATER is the universal solvent.
MAGMA is the universal solution.

Broadsword

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 11:34:47 am »

I had a DF dream last night too. I should have posted it earlier while it was fresh in my memory. After listening to the part of Dwarftalk 7 about magical artifacts I had this dream.

A forgotten beast showed up and soon after one of my dwarfs got possessed. He took the beast to a forge along with some iron. I'm not sure if the forgotten beast was already dead or he killed it or it was still alive or what but he took it to the workshop and came out with a artifact sword that contained the beasts soul. It said the sword was very powerful but should it break the forgotten beast would be free once again.

Guilliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 12:11:12 pm »

I'm not the only one waking up with DF first on his mind then! pfew oO