Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Tags for embarking pets?  (Read 3123 times)

Hygrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tags for embarking pets?
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2010, 12:03:14 am »

Yeah, now I just need to find another area with a waterfall but no aquifer and two soil levels. Of course, half of why I loved that spot wasn't discovered until after winter arrived, turned out the water froze, so I made an ice tower. Well, gonna mess around with adventure mode on a new world, and then make a new fort.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2010, 12:16:08 am »

Head over to DF general discussion and look for a thread called the worldgen cook book. Ask in there about making a site like that, and there is a good chance somebody there can help you.

They have a few wizards with worldgen who can seem to do anything with enough seeds.  :P

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2010, 05:00:24 am »

In the already started world, try reverting your section about skin colors.  I think maybe you have dwarves who are already set to have skin colors from the default list, and if those colors aren't on the new steel skin color list, I think it might cause crashy problems.

Also, as far as loving that embark spot, if the above change doesn't fix things, or you're dead set on getting those steel colors into your dwarves, try this:
Make a backup of the save folder.
Revert the raws.
Abandon the Fortress.
Load the region in legends mode.
Export the world gen parameters.  The text file for them should appear in the main DF folder.
Put your mods into the raws in the main DF folder. (I suggest doing it now, rather than between world gen and embark, because I expect npcs/historical figures will have their skin colors set.  Doing this will probably alter how history plays out, since dwarves would be much tougher).
Copy the text from the world gen parameters for your world into world_gen.txt in the embark folder.  Change the [TITLE:] tag to something you'll recognize.
In DF, Generate New World with Parameters.
Select the world gen parameters with the title you made.

Alternatively, if you want the same/relatively the same history but with your different skin colors, you *might* be able to change the raws for JUST the skin color first, generate the world, and then change the raws for the skin consistency (i.e. steel instead of skin).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 05:07:02 am by Ilmoran »

Hygrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2010, 02:04:40 pm »

Thanks, I will attempt that when I get home to my computer.

Hygrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2010, 09:42:33 am »

Well, It seems to have worked, but I couldn't find my old embark, so I embarked over a volcano in the tundra, I now have a 66 z-level hole in the ground to work with, and a 20 z-level mountain around that.

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2010, 09:46:00 am »

Well, It seems to have worked, but I couldn't find my old embark, so I embarked over a volcano in the tundra, I now have a 66 z-level hole in the ground to work with, and a 20 z-level mountain around that.

If you still have the old fort and want to find your old embark again, make a copy of the save folder (I always back stuff up :-P), abandon the fort, begin the process of starting a new for, and press 'R' to reclaim.  It will zoom the map to your old for, and you can take notes on how to find it again.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]