Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New towns appearing after a few ingame years.and the ability to destroy towns.  (Read 854 times)

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
  • \M/ Horns up brothers...horns up.
    • View Profile

Of coarse if this is put in there will have to be a cap on how many towns there can be.And lets say if i was to kill everybody in a town,loot most of the stuff and burn things down when i come back to it it should be a ruin.[or not even there at all]
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!

Pickled Tink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Towns do have their icon change depending on their population. Reducing the population to 0 gives it the ruin symbol (I know, i did it to every city in a human civ, and several cities in the elven civs with my adventurer in 0.31.03).

The buildings still remain standing though, and there are corpses everywhere.

I am in favour of allowing the world gen process continue after stopping it though, which this suggestion essentially is.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The thing is, before this goes in, we need a way to reduce buildings to ruins through play, "onscreen".  Currently, Megabeasts can reduce buildings to ruins in world gen, but that's all.

If you want to see a world where every structure is in ruins, incidentally, put this 'Monster Island' in your world_gen.txt:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...this will create a pocket universe overrun with megabeasts, who will quickly kill all the races and reduce their cities to ruins.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 07:40:12 pm by Aquillion »
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

The thing is, before this goes in, we need a way to reduce buildings to ruins through play, "onscreen".  Currently, Megabeasts can reduce buildings to ruins in world gen, but that's all.

Well that would imply damage to walls, and that will most likely be handled when toady addresses the issue of trolls smashing through an iron door without trouble, while a glass door will stop an army of goblins dead in its tracks.

We have a place holder system as far as building destroying goes right now.