Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Haunted pick!  (Read 2773 times)

tigger89

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haunted pick!
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 08:57:39 pm »

Are there any suspended constructions anywhere in the fortress?  That will mark the stone for use, and won't let dwarves touch it.

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 08:59:24 pm »

Are there any suspended constructions anywhere in the fortress?  That will mark the stone for use, and won't let dwarves touch it.
Not a single one. No masonry tasks, crafting jobs, nothing.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 09:21:13 pm »

So, anyone care to share exactly how this 'haunting' system works. I've seen several haunted items in-game. The wiki has absolutely nothing on it involving hauntings besides player-made stories.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 09:33:53 pm »

Try turning Mining on and off again on the replacement's labor screen.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 10:06:13 pm »

Have you tried melting it down and making a new pick?

Lexender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 11:11:03 pm »

If you're using Dwarf therapist, try enabling the mining labor directly from the in-game labor screen. Due to the new way equipment is handled, Dwarves won't realize they have no pick.

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2010, 12:01:09 am »

Or try appointing an arsenal dwarf, if you haven't got one.  Maybe the pick's not being grabbed because... it's a weapon?  I've never encountered this problem, but... I have had an awful lot of perfectly good battle axes sit around gathering dust.  I don't think that anyone will touch a weapon if the arsenal dwarf hasn't cataloged it.

EDIT:  On second thought, they'd probably at least be willing to take it to a stockpile without an arsenal dwarf...

czolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 12:08:30 am »

I wonder about the arsenal dwarf thing, as I had a similar issue prior to selecting one, and now I don't.  That does not guarantee they're related
Sic sum in ignis; sic sum quiritatio

Brian7772

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 05:14:22 pm »

Wow I'm really surprised that no ones told you to use magma yet. It will both fix the pick and the rock issue. As well as the dining hall and instantly fix all the problems in your hospital.
"Pff...real Dwarves just estimate it, start digging, and make corrections after the cave-in." - Wild Goose

pubby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 05:19:50 pm »

[q]
I have a siltstone rock in my dining room that my dwarves will not touch under any circumstance. I wish they'd just move it anywhere, build the chair, and be done with.
[/q]

Try buildign a workshop out ontop of it made out of siltstone (the same rock), then delete the workshop when it's built.
Pages: 1 [2]