Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nosebleeds  (Read 1351 times)

Belteshazzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nosebleeds
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 11:21:21 am »

You know... a certain interpretation of kobolds that originated around here is known for their large and particularly sensitive noses.

Mudy: Kobold Bard, has begun negotiations with Raital Blutjaeger.
Raital Blutjaeger: Demonic Kobold, has been stuck in the head by the whirling emotions.
Raital Blutjaeger: Demonic Kobold, has acquired a nosebleed.
Mudy: Kobold Bard, cancels negotiations, interrupted by Demonic Kobold!
Raital Blutjaeger: Demonic Kobold, is now a Novice Wrestler!
Mudy: Kobold Bard, is now an Expert Negotiator!
In the year 570, Kjerdregus occurred.

Felblood

• Bay Watcher
  • No, you don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 11:55:25 am »

I think he's trying to reference nosebleeds as they relate to non-lethal combat.

On some playgrounds, first blood is the primary metric for determining the "winner" in a fight, and a bloody nose is usually the easiest way to draw blood, followed closely by lips and knuckles cut against teeth.

Tantrum fights and fights that escalate from arguments could benefit from this sort of thing, for added flavor and verisimilitude.

Ethics about how far a fight can go, before criminal charges are filed might come into play, with how far dwarves are willing to beat each other in a fight.
The path through the wilderness is rarely direct. Reaching the destination is useless,
if you don't learn the lessons of the dessert.
--but you do have to keep walking.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 12:03:01 pm »

Hi!

While I am a manga fan and also actually originally misunderstood the title (^_^;;, I think the idea is basically good (that is, blunt weapons and the like causing minor bleeding).

However, right now, the game is a definite surplus of blood clogging quite literally dwarf mode down, so the addition of this feature at this point of time would probably not be the best idea.

So, I say, good idea, but not now :) :) :)

Deathworks

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 12:29:51 pm »

^^^ "Not now" is the default timeframe for all suggestions anyway.  Just saying.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 01:24:33 pm »

Hi!

^^^ "Not now" is the default timeframe for all suggestions anyway.  Just saying.

(^_^;;
I think you misunderstood my meaning there.
Basically, it is a good idea, but with things they are now, it is actually a bad idea at the moment.

Deathworks

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 06:45:57 pm »

In Ender's Game there's a nosebleed-induced death, and with soap now in the game that scene could be replayed in DF!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

Felblood

• Bay Watcher
  • No, you don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 06:55:26 am »

If the majority of nosebleeds only result in blood all over your beard and maybe your shirt, instead of full on floor puddles that get tracked all over the city, it wouldn't really add to the problem, especially if dwarves can wash their faces.
The path through the wilderness is rarely direct. Reaching the destination is useless,
if you don't learn the lessons of the dessert.
--but you do have to keep walking.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 07:43:33 am »

While I am a manga fan

Nooo, you deathworks? I mean with your obvious hate for all cats and related fashions I find it hard to believe you would like manga...

[/sarcasm]

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 03:28:17 pm »

Nah because i have never heard of someone bleeding to death through a broken nose.

Atilla the Hun did, reportedly hade a nosebleed in the middle of the night and drowned in his own blood.
Pages: 1 [2]