Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to get into caves and are they real?  (Read 761 times)

The fish cleaner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to get into caves and are they real?
« on: May 01, 2010, 10:12:11 am »

Ive heard that there are caves beneath the grund that i can explore and even fight monsters in!Is it true and Can anyone tell me how to get to one,:) the Game is FAR too hard above the ground with bronze callossues and strong axedwarfs namned INCESTSKANK and more!so maybe if i can get under the ground ill be happyer!
Blackened roar massive roar fills the crumbling sky shattered goal fills his soul with a ruthless cry!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: How to get into caves and are they real?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 10:24:29 am »

Confucius says: digging down can help you.
Never mind, thought you were talking about dwarf mode. Feel free to ridicule me.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 10:28:25 am by Il Palazzo »

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 10:36:54 am »

If by happy, you mean getting lost and slowly running out of food, then yes, you will be happy. Most quest givers give quests to kill cave beasts, which reveals where the cave entrance is hidden.

unperson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 02:08:29 pm »

Yeah just get into any quest beast cave and go down the ramps. soon you will be hopelessly lost in the caverns

Hugna

• Bay Watcher
  • Till the Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 02:42:06 pm »

You get lost because the map ridiculously resets itself from explored to unexplored when you move far enough throughout the map.

Now, i wish later Toady adds a way to buy or use maps, and adventuring parties overtime map out caverns, and tries to keep themselves from being overwhelmed. Run at FBs, MBs, SMBs, etc.