Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My First Serious Fortress  (Read 2247 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: My First Serious Fortress
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2010, 03:06:21 am »

We lost an entire fortress' worth of  adept warriors kitted out with all-adamantine gear to one.  single.  goblin.

Just a rank-and-file speargoblin at that.

Then again, I've never tried out orcs.  S'pose you could be right.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2010, 11:18:14 am »

Its all over fellas. I didn't realize what i was getting into using Dig Deeper. I got crushed, blood everywhere. I built a bridge. The dwarf was one square from taking it down. The horror as 15 gobins rushed in to my untrained squad. Blood, was, everywhere.

The expedition leader, named with my name was the last one to fall. He took down two Goblins before dying. My sad first loss and hopefully many losses in DF.

Thanks for the help though. I'll update with my new fortress tomorrow. Got a lot of digging that needs to be done.  :)

Hah. I had opened this thread yesterday, but didn't get to reading it to today. I was going to reply with: "Dig deeper? Why are you guys still giving advice without the words 'in your next fort...', he's dead by now".

Glad you enjoyed it :)
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Mumbologi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2010, 04:07:55 pm »

Glad you enjoyed it :)

Heh, ya. Well going 40d again without dig deeper mod. I played the 2010 vers before but i couldn't stand the Hunter bug(I want my hunters for leather and meat). So im again starting a fortress 40d. Wish me good luck  :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]