Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Searching  (Read 333 times)

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Searching
« on: April 28, 2010, 10:18:25 pm »

I like to start each game with A) A brook and B) limestone. I've also had several games where I went "I wonder what it'd be like to play with a volcano/haunted forest/glacier/etc". I think we all can say we've had those moments...

What I'd like to know is if there's a mod that will help do a more detailed search of a game world to find more specific locations. The built in search is vague and I really hate going tile by tile looking for my ideal embark location.

Anyone able to help?

Scarpa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Searching
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 10:30:58 pm »

I don't know of a mod or utility to do it, but you can always export the world map and use that as a reference.

rodya_mirov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 10:33:55 pm »

The particular two things you're looking for (brooks and limestone) are (basically) in the search function - just search for river and flux, respectively.  River includes both river and brook, but the difference between the two is not vast.  And of course the difference between limestone / chalk / etc. is not much either.

If you want an evil forest, try setting evil and rainfall both to High.

Etc.  So, I don't know an extension, but if you're willing to fiddle with it, the search function has a lot of options.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 10:42:56 pm »

The particular two things you're looking for (brooks and limestone) are (basically) in the search function - just search for river and flux, respectively.  River includes both river and brook, but the difference between the two is not vast.  And of course the difference between limestone / chalk / etc. is not much either.

If you want an evil forest, try setting evil and rainfall both to High.

Etc.  So, I don't know an extension, but if you're willing to fiddle with it, the search function has a lot of options.

Thanks. I'll try that out ^^