Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vault 27  (Read 785 times)

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
Vault 27
« on: April 29, 2010, 11:19:51 am »

How do I make my dorfs haul artifacts from the vulnerable surface dump and the workshops to my triple layer trap protected failsafe vault?
I already set the vault stockpile to only accept artifacts, and the other stockpile to not to. No, I did not miss any. The only thing that happened was the artifacts are not part of the old stockpile anymore. Yes, I have about 40 idling haulers, and I play 40d.

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
Re: Vault 27
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 11:25:44 am »

Try [q] on the desired destination stockpile, then "[t]ake from another stockpile"?
Quote from: Jackrabbit
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Quote from: Kay12
Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.
Quote from: tigrex
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.

DocDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 12:38:40 pm »

remove the surface stockpile. If you want to be really sure that all of your stuff makes it to safety, maybe assign a guard, and assign all other dorfs to hauling duty only (ie deactivate all other labors).

wrajjt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 12:39:59 pm »

When I want to move artifacts, I usually forbid everything in the stockpile it is in, except the artifact, remove the stockpile, and create a 1x1 stockpile of the same kind where I want the artifact to be. Also, set it to not accept bins or barrels if needed. Soon, some dwarf will haul it to the new stockpile. Remove that stockpile and forbid the artifact, then recreate and un-forbid everything in the first stockpile.