Hammer and its variations
- 17 (6.4%)
Mace and its variations
- 10 (3.7%)
Crossbow or other ranged weapon
- 14 (5.2%)
Scourge or other variations
- 7 (2.6%)
What Armok gave me! (wrestling, striking, and other natural attacks)
- 37 (13.9%)
Weapons that would make MacGyver proud!(explain)
- 16 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 130

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New best weapons?  (Read 3322 times)

Tirin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New best weapons?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 06:38:11 am »

Axe. The more bits you lop off the greater the chance of hitting something vital next time. Even in 40d I disliked the hammer because I'd end up just smashing an enemies hand over and over or whatever.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 07:21:25 am »

two true why o why do thay choose to stab then in the leg timw after time when ther down and out cold
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

!!Zombie Carp!!

• Bay Watcher
  • Look into my eyes... you must give cooookieesss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 03:26:31 pm »

In descending awesome order (for the usual encounter); Sword, Axe, Wrestling.

Thrown weapons are also still epic. I killed a bronze colossus with a thrown two handed steel axe (decapitation).

I rank the sword above the axe because of it's versatility. Thrusts with a sword still do massive organ damage, and you still can lop limbs off with it. Stuck-ins don't bother me in this version as you automatically twist and pull it out.

Wrestling is there because, well, throttling something to death is bloody satisfying.
[pizza=omnomnom]

Pkassad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 03:37:03 pm »

Stuck-ins don't bother me in this version as you automatically twist and pull it out.
you forfeit your attack for that turn to pull it out, when you are being attacked by many at once that becomes a very big problem.
Yes but then the three children hanging off her will catch fire.
And that's stopped people before...?

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 03:43:57 pm »

If you get a stuck-in, you should take a step backwards. Since you're probably a multi-legendary wrestler, you should keep your weapon, and the enemies have to move too, which puts you back in the lead, attacking-wise. If there's more than one enemy, they'll have to go around each other, meaning you can divide and conquer. With sufficient agility (around speed 1700) you can take a step, let your enemy come to you, hit the enemy and take another step before he can hit you back.

Pkassad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 05:33:33 pm »

If you get a stuck-in, you should take a step backwards. Since you're probably a multi-legendary wrestler, you should keep your weapon, and the enemies have to move too, which puts you back in the lead, attacking-wise. If there's more than one enemy, they'll have to go around each other, meaning you can divide and conquer. With sufficient agility (around speed 1700) you can take a step, let your enemy come to you, hit the enemy and take another step before he can hit you back.
You cant do that if your surrounded, and even if you think you never will, you will.
Yes but then the three children hanging off her will catch fire.
And that's stopped people before...?

Nagassh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 05:34:54 pm »

Axes, swords then maces in that order.

Getting dwarves to equip them is the problem...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 09:25:48 pm »

Corpses, especially heavier ones, two-handed weapons, particularly great-axes, and wrasslin'. Gouge dem eyes! Then pinch their head off after they pass out from the pain. Good times.

But not as good as beating a family to death with the corpse of their sibling/child. Mind you, the parents make better bludgeoning tools, but the kids do alright in a pinch and for sheer maliciousness, it's hard to beat.

A plainclothes human corpse seems to weigh around 80-90 -whatevers- and is doing pretty good. Had a giant corpse that weighed in at like 9k, I think. That thing hurt, but made my poor adventurer freaking slow, which killed it soon afterwards. I've already managed to depopulate one town with a neighboring town's corpse, though, so... yeah. They do alright. Mutilated corpses seem to weigh less than normal ones, though I may just be picking up child bodies by accident... eh.

The kids seem to weigh around 11 or so, by the by. Can carry a few of them, if you want to throw them at people.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 09:30:56 pm »

Magma > all.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
  • \M/ Horns up brothers...horns up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2010, 10:03:51 pm »

Axe because it is fast and powerful,wrestling because who dosen't like to torture that dude who just gave you alot of trouble?[it is also good for disarming]
And anything i can find especialy childrens legs.
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!
Pages: 1 2 [3]