Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Solution to Mayor bug?  (Read 2667 times)

Psithief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Solution to Mayor bug?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 12:27:52 am »

If you ever have over 50 population, the dwarves will elect a mayor, even if you currently have less than 50!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 12:34:37 am »

Still, if something happens to your expedition leader or one of your assigned nobles before you reach 50 dwarves, you're screwed. Which is the real problem here.

obsidian razor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 03:00:15 am »

Nope!

That's what happened to me!

My expedition leader became ax-crazy and I had to kill him, which bugged my whole noble list... however after about a year or two with over 50 pop, my dwarves elected a mayor...

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 11:31:37 am »

You can change the init file so that it automatically makes backups every season, so that if your mayor dies you can revert to the most recent backup, losing one season at most.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 11:40:51 am »

You can change the init file so that it automatically makes backups every season, so that if your mayor dies you can revert to the most recent backup, losing one season at most.

I do this due to occasional CTD's still in the game.

Losing a mayor isn't really a big deal. So long as you already have the positions assigned your manager, arsenal dwarf, and book keeper will still keep working away happily even if your mayor is busy rotting in a refuse stockpile.

I use a dedicated bookkeeper dwarf since he's a lot busier these days, with the manager/broker/arsenal dwarf being another guy.

This way when the mayor keels over and dies (I have 7 dead mayors at the moment, the job appears to have a 100% mortality rate due to tantrums) my useful appointed nobles aren't even bothered by it.

Without a mayor you cannot change the assignments, but already assigned dwarves will keep on working.
Pages: 1 [2]