Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Killing Blow Display?  (Read 836 times)

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Killing Blow Display?
« on: April 26, 2010, 11:19:52 am »

Last night, my crew of mostly axedwarves were blending up a storm of goblin bodyparts.  I was quite pleased to find that weapons also track kills done by them!  So imagine my surprise when I discovered that a bronze pick that one of my original Seven used was actually the top killing blow weapon for my fortress.  Is there some sort of toggle for combat text?  As it stands now, I see plenty of info, but unless it's an axe beheading someone, I never actually see *the* killing blow.  Often, the last thing I'll see is a goblin vomit or have trouble breathing, and then no more text.  "[Creature] dies" in red  letters would be awesome.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Killing Blow Display?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 01:20:31 pm »

The combat logs report different things depending on perspective. To get killing blow information, look at the logs from the perspective of the slain. Since you're axes, you'll certainly get killing blows, though there'll still be a few times where the 'mortal blow' was several pages of log before the target actually dies of suffocation/blood loss.

Actually I don't think such deaths count as kills, if Arena tests against undead are much to go with (you only get undead 'kills' if you land a killing crit of cutting it in half, not when you reduce its HP to 0).
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.