Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Banned on #bay12games, how do i deal with this?  (Read 893 times)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Banned on #bay12games, how do i deal with this?
« on: April 30, 2010, 09:54:32 am »

Hey all i was banned on Mirc for bay12games channel. Who do i message to deal with this issue? This is the message i got before getting banned.

irc.newnet.net: Closing Link: mnjiman[ircip2.mibbit.com] (User has been banned from NewNet (You have been banned from the network -- Lame Connect Flooder

I am not even know what a connect flooder is, but i would love to deal with is so i can use the Mirc again.

:(
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Re: Banned on #bay12games, how do i deal with this?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 10:02:30 am »

You're banned from NewNet, not #bay12games. NewNet is not run by Bay12Games, AFAIK, so the administrators here can't really help unban you. Better off talking to NewNet. My guess is your connection is doing something funky that is disrupting their services. Do you have a stable connection otherwise?
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 10:03:02 am »

This would be a helpful read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat_flood

If you feel you've been falsely accused, you should contact the people who run the server: http://www.newnet.net/newnewnet/index.php
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 11:04:35 am »

you might have a virus. I had simmilar problems back when I had Virut
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.