Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Eye Color Fix  (Read 993 times)

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
Eye Color Fix
« on: April 27, 2010, 03:56:33 pm »

I don't know if anyone besides me has noticed, but all of my dwarves seem to have amethyst eyes.  While listening to some DF Talk, I heard Toady mention something about dominant genes being earlier on the list; and realized the connection: Amethyst is the first eye color listed.

So, I thought of a solution: give increasing chances for to be chosen at worldgen for colors later on the list:
Code: [Select]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:IRIS_EYE_AMETHYST:1:IRIS_EYE_AQUAMARINE:2:IRIS_EYE_BRASS:3:IRIS_EYE_BRONZE:4:IRIS_EYE_COBALT:5:IRIS_EYE_COPPER:6:IRIS_EYE_EMERALD:7:IRIS_EYE_GOLD:8:IRIS_EYE_HELIOTROPE:9:IRIS_EYE_JADE:10:IRIS_EYE_OCHRE:11:IRIS_EYE_RAW_UMBER:12:IRIS_EYE_RUST:13:IRIS_EYE_SILVER:14:IRIS_EYE_SLATE_GRAY:15:IRIS_EYE_TURQUOISE:16]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
Just replace the default string in the raws with this, and you should have a much better variety of eye color in your fort.  A similar fix can be used for hair/skin color, etc.

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.