Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Pinching causes extreme damage?  (Read 8656 times)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: Pinching causes extreme damage?
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2010, 11:45:53 am »

Hmm. If you can use pinching to remove very damaged bodyparts... does it work on a bronze colossus head?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2010, 06:40:56 pm »

If you're bigger and stronger than a bronze colossus?  Sure.

Most people don't fit the requirements though.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2010, 01:30:41 pm »

Nevermind, your opponant has to be knocked out (strangulation works wonders for this) to  remove any bodyparts besides noses and ears.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2010, 01:33:15 pm »

Not if you're a much larger/stronger creature.  As a giant you can pop heads at will, and trolls have little difficulty in removing treasured bodyparts from their victims.

If it's another troll however, then they'll have difficulty.  A knocked out critter is just easier to pick apart. It's a handicap, not an essential ingredient.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2010, 03:28:44 pm »

Nevermind, your opponant has to be knocked out (strangulation works wonders for this) to  remove any bodyparts besides noses and ears.
Noses ears and teeth you mean

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2010, 04:02:18 pm »

I dunno, dented eyes are pretty fucking weird if you think about it.
I had a dwarf running around with a dented head for a whole year. It was a little worrying... Probably unrelated, but he was also the engraver who'd been causing me no end of paranoia with his images of hundreds of humans being melted by what I gotta assume was the Titan that was going to kill me. Had a crash bug not beaten it to the punch.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2010, 05:21:13 pm »

Noses ears and teeth you mean

Yea. Also you can pinch off fingas too! (needs to be knocked out tho)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2010, 05:55:01 pm »

And toes, of course; it's easiest to grab the foot and pinch from there. Ripping off toes doesn't impede movement (barring blood loss, pain, etc), though damaging the feet will. Actually, my learning bronze colossus adventurer has managed to pinch off whole limbs before, though it's fairly inconsistent when it'll let me. I ripped off one of a bear's upper legs once, and a goblin's hand at another point.

If there's anything in the vanilla game scarier than a multi-legendary BC coming at you, I dunno' what it is. [CAN_LEARN] is a beautiful, violent, thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2010, 06:16:12 pm »

And toes, of course; it's easiest to grab the foot and pinch from there. Ripping off toes doesn't impede movement (barring blood loss, pain, etc), though damaging the feet will. Actually, my learning bronze colossus adventurer has managed to pinch off whole limbs before, though it's fairly inconsistent when it'll let me. I ripped off one of a bear's upper legs once, and a goblin's hand at another point.

If there's anything in the vanilla game scarier than a multi-legendary BC coming at you, I dunno' what it is. [CAN_LEARN] is a beautiful, violent, thing.
That would be a Slade Colossus wielding a Slade Maul with master hammerer skill.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2010, 08:26:22 pm »

Wearing a Bronze Colossus. As a hat.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2010, 08:36:41 pm »

Wearing a Bronze Colossus. As a codpiece.
Fixed

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2010, 12:51:51 am »

Wearing a Bronze Colossus. As a codpiece.
Fixed
... ???
... ::)
... :o
Armok damn it, Piecewise... :(
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2010, 11:05:20 am »

Hmmm. You can also pinch the "mouth" (how is that possible? we alredy have teeth an dlips, are we just pinching th eopen space in the mouth?) and it does not get ripped out (as fun as that would be lol)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]