Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Semi-Epic happenings in your legends?  (Read 888 times)

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Semi-Epic happenings in your legends?
« on: April 21, 2010, 11:50:14 pm »

Anything more than semi-epic probably deserves a topic unto itself, but this topic is for the happenings that were awesome, but not quite that awesome.

This is also specifically for Legends mode, not fortress or adventurer mode since it is easy enough to make your own legends there.  Feel free to post any stories you have.

---
A single small goblin nation known as the Swift Thief was at war with the larger elven nation of The Singed Twig or Circular Pears.  Leading the Swift Thief was the dark scarlet brute Lotheye.  Lotheye was a humanoid chameleon who had escaped from the underworld and had promptly taken over Swift Thief.  She ruled for 259 years.  During that time she had made what had started a pure goblin nation into a coalition of all the races.  In the year 264 she declared war on the Singed Twig because of a violation of a pact.

In the first and only battle The Swift Thief mounted an army of just 5 units.  Two goblins, an elf, Lotheye and Iki Pastside (Human female).  They were to fight the combined might of 178 elves.

Iki Pastside was, I imagine, something of a hero among the Swift Thief nation.  She was one of the only members who had ever actually seen combat and had killed 16 elves before the war.  She also had killed over 100 wild animals including several Sasquatches and over 20 elephants.  She had been born in a human nation before being stolen away by an elf (The very elf that also participated in the battle) and made a prisoner.  She obtained her freedom at the age of 9 and killed her first elf at 12.  She was 26 at the time of the battle.

The battle started with Lotheye going into a frenzy and killing several of the opposing elves.  It is interesting to note that the first elf to die was in fact named Cacame.  All 3 of the other Swift Thief warriors were cut down with no kills except for Iki.  I imagine that seeing her father figure elf kidnapper being killed and eaten must have driven her in a blood lust.  She mowed into the elves and killed 34 elves by herself before being injured.  Lotheye then stepped in and proceeded to utterly annihilate the elves and killed 138 total before succumbing to a mounting number of minor wounds (Presumably of blood loss) and perishing.  Iki managed to finish the fight with no survivors for the elves with a round total of 40 kills to her name (Plus the 16 before the war).

The Swift Thief avoided any major skirmishes for a year after that.  (I can't imagine anyone was to willing to fight them after their last battle...)  Iki was ambushed the following year and, while managing to kill all but one of her attackers, was killed in combat and eaten.  The Swift Thief nation was brought to it's knees and ultimately destroyed in the following decade.  It's only notable members being Lotheye and Iki.  Neither of their killers survived the year they killed Iki or Lotheye.

---

That is all I found of much interest in legends.  What about you guys?

rewinged

• Bay Watcher
  • Wallawallawoosh? Bingbangboosh!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Link
Re: Semi-Epic happenings in your legends?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 05:49:27 am »

Quite epic indeed! I'm in the process of tracking and reading the history of a group of 5 humans who managed to defend against and utterly slaughter an army of 154 (goblins and elves). The first two I've read up on have interesting histories to say the least. I'll post a full report once I'm happy with the information obtained.
Each note sounds so pure, it just cuts into her.
And then the melody comes pouring out her eyes.  - Bright Eyes

labouts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Semi-Epic happenings in your legends?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:59:43 am »

I had a Dwarven civilization, The Patched Metal, that was almost completely annihilated by an attack from an enemy Elf civilization. After a particular nasty attack, the only surviving member of The Patched Metal was an Elf, Itat Stonepast the Lonely Twilight of Morasses. It appears this elf's ancestors originated from the Elven civilization that was now at war with the Patched Metal, which at this point meant Itat's ancestral nation was literally at war with her.

Itat managed to survived 5 large sieges, the largest with over 300 attackers, on the mountain home over a century; the number of heads she smashed with her hammer was frightening. She was finally killed by an archer during the sixth siege she fought alone, but only after she took out 41 of the attackers.

I see this rough story of an Elf raised by Dwarves who sees everyone she knows slaughter by elves. When they try to "free" her from the mountain home she attacks and slaughters them. The Elfs then spend a century trying to take down this powerful "traitor".