Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange mood creates crutch  (Read 1664 times)

Marconius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strange mood creates crutch
« on: April 22, 2010, 09:31:11 am »

I'm wondering if anyone has seen a dwarf with a strange mood create a legendary... crutch!

I personally think it would be awesome to have one of my veterans walking around with a crutch that has elephants carved on it and menaces with spikes of red spinel or something.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Strange mood creates crutch
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 10:38:48 am »

Wouldn't be very epic, but at least it is an useful artifact (opposed to an artifact mini forge)
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 10:54:56 am »

:D
Death before dishonour

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 10:57:52 am »

Will they actually use those?
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Marconius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 11:15:03 am »

Wouldn't want my broken arm put in that...

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 11:15:43 am »

No idea if they'll use them... My fort has heaps of clothing artifacts that no one touches, even legendaries...
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 11:49:07 am »

I got an adamantine crutch, encircled with black bronze, studded with gold, and encrusted with fortification agate.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

roger123275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 01:13:41 pm »

I got an adamantine crutch, encircled with black bronze, studded with gold, and encrusted with fortification agate.

Pics or it didn't happen!
It gave me 56 dwarves to reclaim with... I'm hoping the game is just being nice to me...
Good job Roger!

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 01:33:08 pm »

Now I want crutches to be wielded as weapons using the crutch walker skill... imagine, a squad made up of legendary crutch walkers wielding artifact crutches charging the invading goblins with cries of "Get of my lawn!"
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 01:35:21 pm »

Is anyone else reminded of Windle Poon's (or whatever his name was) wheelchair from discworld?
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 01:36:25 pm »

Is anyone else reminded of Windle Poon's (or whatever his name was) wheelchair from discworld?

I was more thinking of the silver hoard...
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 02:12:06 pm »

Pics or it didn't happen!
I lost that fort to the HFS, and I'm not about to track it down in adventure mode. So this will have to do:

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Fullmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Elfless
    • View Profile
Quote from: Fishbulb
I got an artifact cave spider silk sock this morning. It's worth 5,720 dwarfbucks, and it doesn't menace with spikes of anything.
Dwarfs don't have issues.  Dwarfs merely have inspiration for the legendary artifact they will one day make.
Quote from: Urist son of Urist
Considering the general state of DF, I think Einstein and Newton are already rotating fast enough that you could hook them up to pumps and use them to kill Elves.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 04:24:51 pm »

NO... we cannot allow dwarves to become taller! THIS IS HERACY!