Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fussy elves and their greed  (Read 1253 times)

Moosey

• Bay Watcher
  • [moose brute extract]
    • View Profile
Re: Fussy elves and their greed
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 11:17:42 am »

I usually just give everybody obscene profits, even if I don't really need anything in return.  Valuable items are easy to make (especially now with all the extra gems and precious metals around), it makes your allies happy, and it gets you to the next economy level fast.

But yes, at some point you do need to piss off the elves for tradition's sake, I understand.
Backs to the wheel
There's granite to shove

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 11:31:25 am »

Well, my ultimate intent in giving them so much profit is to eventually cause this...

Elf1: We're going to the wealthiest location in the world!  They overpay for EVERYTHING!
Elf2: We'll be rich!  Finally!
Elf3: Hey, guys, is it a little hot in here?

*burning screaming death for Elves who think they're going to be rich.  Over and over again.*
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 12:58:15 pm »

Between the massive quantity of stuff I accumulate as a result of sieges and the elven tendency to bring useless junk, I overpay everybody so they'll bring lots more stuff I don't really need. Seriously, all I really want right now is somebody to bring me some flux so I can smelt steel, leather/cloth/thread to continue decorating everything for sale, and possibly enough plants to keep my dwarfs boozed. That, and, y'know, more profitable caravans bring larger caravans next year, which bring either interesting animals or yet more cloth and plants, either of which I'll appreciate.
Pages: 1 [2]