Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Huh, that's different  (Read 984 times)

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Huh, that's different
« on: April 22, 2010, 10:20:15 pm »

I went back and reclaim my old fortress, the previous 22 inhabitants had all died of dehydration, or so I thought...

When I returned I went straight to work, first things first, I started digging for water. While exploring the below caverns for water, I got a message, and I thought I was screwed.

"An ambush! Drive them back!"

But no! I did not see a hoard of raving goblins, but instead, a lone dwarf. I thought one was so unhappy he had started attacking everyone, but that was not the case. It was a clothier, and I realized after he left that I didn't have a clothier amongst my band of seven dwarves. So? What was it then? A strange man roaming the wilderness? An enraged migrant, separated from his pack? Nay, I believe the culprit was one I was much more familiar with.

In the last fortress, I believe that it was not 22 that died, but 21. I had a clothier with dreams of a great artifact, put to an end by a profound lack of cloth... Poor soul. He went insane and, as I believe, survived long enough to come back and haunt the reclaiming party.

Right, so that's the story. Anyone else have an experience like this before? Has it always been in? Am I right about that clothier, or was it something else?

Good day :D.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Huh, that's different
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 10:40:18 pm »

Very old, sadly - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=6945.msg81520#msg81520

But I think this is the first time that an insane dwarf (and not just an abandoned sane one) has been a friendly ambushed.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Huh, that's different
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 10:53:39 pm »

First I heard of it. That's pretty funny.

Sorta wish I had that happen when working on my ship. It would've made for some interesting commentary for my leaders.